List of the most important contraindications which prevent the treatment or limit it scope (permanently or temporarily - the final call belongs to the therapist during the consult proceeding the treatment):
- pregnancy and breastfeeding
- vitilgo and other autoimmune diseases
- hypersensitive skin
- botox and fillers (min. 1 week)
- unregulated diabetes
- mental illness
- diarrhoea and vomiting
- contagious disease or infection
- active herpes in the area subjected to the treatment
- tendency to delevop keloids
- taking photosensitising substances
- recent plastic surgeries
- thrombosis, phlebitis (for closing vessels)
- strong or fresh suntan
- persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Avoid solarium and sun exposure for 4 weeks prior and 4 weeks after laser treatment.
Stop taking the following substances 4 weeks before the procedure:
a) detoxifying, slimming, purifying herbs (St John’s wort, marigold, viola tricolor, horsetail, nettle, chamomile, lemon balm, mint, valerian, bergamot, garden angelica, lovage, cumin, pimpinella, bishop’s flower
b) oral herbal skin, hair and nail suplements
- antibiotics (e.g. tetracyclines, azithromycin, ciprofloxacin, co-trimoxazole, nitrofurantoin, doxycycline)
- homeopathic remedies, steroids
- some anti-hypertensive and cardiac drugs (amiloride, amiodarone, atenolol, bisoprorol, captopril, diltiazem, enalapril, enarenal)
- some anti-diabetic drugs (e.g. tolbutamide, glipizyde, metformin)
- sulphonamides (synthetic chemotherapeutic drugs)
- thiazidiuretic rugs (hydrochlorothiazide, bendroflumenthiazide, bema thiazide)
- painkillers (ketoprofen, ibuprofen, acetylosalicylic acid
- non-steroid anti-rheumatic drugs
- some antibacterial and anti-fungal drugs (terbinafine, ketoconazole, griseofulvin)
- some sedatives and antidepressants, as well as anti-emetics (e.g. phenothiazine)
- derivatives of retinoids, contained both in oral medications and ointments
- anti-parasitic drugs (qunine, guinidine, chloroquine)
- vaccines (e.g. influenza)
- creams containing acids and herbal substances (e.g. creams containing marigold extract, steroid ointmentr, antibiotic ointments, AHA and BHA acids, retinoic acid an its derivatives)
If you take roaccutane, accutane, tretinoin or isotretinoin, you are allowed to undergo laser treatment 6 months after the end of the therapy.
It is forbidden to drink alkohol or use alcoholic-based cosmetics and tonics 24 hours before the treatment.
You should stop waxing, sugaring and removing hair with tweezers for 4 weeks before laser epilation. You can only shave legs with razor.
Shave the area of the procedure with razor 24 hours before laser epilation.
You are obliged to inform the laser therapist about all medications, herbs and suplements that You are currently taking.